Monday, March 16, 2009

Even the stars hide away

"But I like the inconveniences."
"We don't" said the Controller. "We prefer to do things comfortably."
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
This part of A Brave New World got me thinking about a past posting. This is what I wanted to say but I was too scared to. I didn't want to say that I wanted to be uncomfortable because I thought that life wouldn't be as good. Its what I've been being feed all my life that Good Life=comfort. But its not true, so don't buy into it. Life is not pain but comfort is not beauty. I hardly grasp it myself. I guess its like when Gene Kelly yells "I gotta dance" in the last dance in Singing in the Rain It makes it so much more meaningful that he was silent in the dance number before hand. Maybe life wouldn't be as full with out pain not that it is our goal to be in pain or conflict but sometimes the contrast makes the enjoyable things in life so much more.

No comments: