Wednesday, July 27, 2011

your face

I have bags and bags full
This debt I will never pay off
Not with you ever
till time makes the stink go away
yet never changing your memory

Some people realize and have given up
I tried so hard to make things right
But you stay frozen in a time that used to be
a time we sat upon
acting like there was no end
no questions asked

Now I wish I could take it back
Not so that it never was
but so that it was never
what it should have never been

I made you say things you never meant
I made you do things you wanted to
the flame of desire drew me on
and didn't stop until reason prevailed

I used to spend each waking moment
worrying
now it is your turn
to worry about yourself

As I kiss the cold lips of your memory
I hope it is the last time
stop haunting me
let go of me
I let go of you
yet draging your face everywhere

No comments: